For some reason I have a case of blogger block. Not interested in reporting anything that’s going on – go figure!
So in this short post I am going to list my 5 top dream jobs.
1. Philanthropist – the joy of giving money to struggling artists/filmmakers/designers etc. would be a dream. Scholarships in my name would be necessary. And of course a lot of charities would benefit. Regarding the gala benefits…. I would of course be in charge of the decor, menus, entertainment and themes. A monster would be born!!!!! (perhaps destroying the true meaning of the word philanthropy?)
2. A Broadway Producer – preferably a musical, but I wouldn’t say no to a play. I would like a hand in the casting and the composer and the book writer and the design. They all have to be A-grade or have the potential to be, or forget it!!!
Legendary Broadway producer David Merrick – a tyrant? a genius?
3. A novelist – a great storyteller with a gift for language and form. A playwright would be a dream too. I admire writers the MOST. A screenwriter is another story – imagine my words ruined by an egotistical director and a cast of actors, of course if they are Judy Davis and the like I would accept the changes.
4. A cheese-maker because they are blessed (especially if of the washed rind variety).
5. A humble person living off the land, procuring produce and the likes amongst the locals, inviting friends and family and guests to enjoy food and wine and walk amongst nature, warm fires, good food, oh what heaven!